Anyone fish flats at night?

wittich

Anyone fish flats at night?

Post by wittich »

Does anyone here fish the flats at night? I am thinking about doing a trip back to Port Mansfield and wading and throwing topwaters all night until I pass out on the skiff.
Kayak Kid
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Re: Anyone fish flats at night?

Post by Kayak Kid »

I used to spend many a night wading the flats using top water lures. More productive nights than not.

Then I saw the movie 'Jaws'.
TexasJim

Post by TexasJim »

If I fished the flats at night, I would be in my boat. My neighbors ask me to go (wade) fishing with them, and I tell them about the time I was anchored off Hog Island, with a nice trout on a stringer tied to my skiff. I was moving from my rear seat to the foredeck seat, when I saw a grey shape about five feet long zoom by my boat. I could see a black spot on its tail. Curious, I pulled up the stringer, and I had a trout HEAD! The stringer never even tightened up. One silent chomp, and the trout was gone. That's why I almost never wade fish. And never at night. TexasJim
wittich

Post by wittich »

I saw just saw this video of huge hammerhead shark cruising the shoreline in Galveston Bay. Maybe wading at night isn't the best idea.
loonycamp

Post by loonycamp »

I just finished a lighting installation on my Nucanoe. I plan on fishing flats at night all summer long. I'll post some fish reports if it goes well, or horrible haha.