Fish bag for viking reload

Fishinganywhere

Fish bag for viking reload

Post by Fishinganywhere »

Just got in a viking this summer and my old in hull fish bag i used in a trident doesn't really work in the front hatch of the viking. Anybody with a viking have a good bag that fits nicely inside the front of the kayak?
Prof. Salt
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Re: Fish bag for viking reload

Post by Prof. Salt »

I use the YakCatch III and it fits well enough, but I can't find them for sale lately. I have to remove the fish before getting the back back out of the hull, but at 42" it will fit smaller kings and most of a larger king inside the insulated part with only the tail hanging out inside the hull.
Music Man
Location: Missouri City Lightning Nomad, Kraken 13.5, Trident Ultra 4.3

Post by Music Man »

I tried searching and the manufacturer’s website returns an error. Amazon shows they are unavailable. Don’t know if it will fit in the hull of the Viking, but Delaware Paddlesports has their branded bag for $125. It’s hard to find on their site - I had to try several different searches to get to it.

https://www.delawarepaddlesports.com/de ... bag-large/
SWFinatic

Post by SWFinatic »

I used the Delaware Paddle Sports 41” bag for my Reload. It fits in the rear tank well ok. Hangs over the back end of the tank well some. That bag will also fit in the front hatch. It’s tight but it will go in there. Problem I have with keeping it there is the bag leaks and I don’t like cleaning bloody and or fishy water out of the hull on a 15’ boat. More hassle than it’s worth for me. I recently went to a bag that lays flat and folds up. Haven’t used it yet so can’t say how it works but I feel like it’s going to be a better fit for me.