Live look at MP rigs and surf conditions

Prof. Salt
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Live look at MP rigs and surf conditions

Post by Prof. Salt »

If you are considering driving down to the Corpus area but want to see what conditions really look like right now, this link will help you out. It is on the sandpiper condominium roof and looks at the surf and the MP rigs. You can see exactly what live conditions are:

https://www.sandpiperportaransas.com/ab ... -surf-cam/
shoffer
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Re: Live look at MP rigs and surf conditions

Post by shoffer »

Thanks for this. I subscribe to Saltwater-recon.com for the very same benefits. I check the parking at the boat ramps I frequently use, water conditions, etc.
wittich

Post by wittich »

What wind direction etc do you look for to predict optimal surf conditions?
I remember once hearing from houston fly club that they avoid high water level conditions as it makes it difficult to drive down the beach. I never thought about that before.
Prof. Salt
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by Prof. Salt »

wittich wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 7:22 am What wind direction etc do you look for to predict optimal surf conditions?
I remember once hearing from houston fly club that they avoid high water level conditions as it makes it difficult to drive down the beach. I never thought about that before.
A North wind will lay the surf down, but usually will shut down the kingfish bite. Our usual SE wind gives us the typical surf conditions and drives the shore current North. Usual tide fluctuations are not enough to keep folks off the beach but occasionally we have a strong wind for a few days and it can stack things up and cover most of the beach - but those won't be the days you're thinking about getting out through the surf.
spoon

Post by spoon »

Glenn, what type of dry bag do you use?

I’m sick of wasting money on Amazon dry bags that don’t work.. Hopefully , budget friendly.

Thanks

Sorry to mini hijack your post!
Prof. Salt
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by Prof. Salt »

spoon wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 9:37 am Glenn, what type of dry bag do you use?

I’m sick of wasting money on Amazon dry bags that don’t work.. Hopefully , budget friendly.

Thanks

Sorry to mini hijack your post!
I have dry hatches that serve that purpose on the Stealth. One between me and the main hatch is designed as a livewell, but I plugged it to use as a dry hatch. Behind me is a large drywell that also serves to hold my gear. If I'm paddling the Viking it has a center pod that is dry, as well as several smaller hatches that can hold keys, wallet and other small items.