Twofer

Prof. Salt
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Twofer

Post by Prof. Salt »

ON Thursday I saw that the forecast for Saturday was thunderstorms, so I took Friday morning off to chase reds before the weather took a downturn. The tide was really low when I arrived, and I spent my time stalking within casting range of many reds. I ended up landing ten reds and two drum in just 2-5" of water. For once I turned on the video and recorded some of the action to share:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAGDnQ0Z ... lennMadden

By Friday night the forecast showed Saturday morning to be rainy but without thunder and lightning until after lunch. That was enough to get me to head back out and hope the lightning would hold off long enough to catch some fish. As I got to my flat, the water level was several inches higher even though it was again low tide. I worked the shoreline and found a nice 26.5" red crawling along with his back showing like a neon sign. I crept within casting range and brought him aboard. Then I spotted a drum doing the same thing and added him to the bag too. I realized the shorelines were mostly quiet and looked around more closely. There were a bunch of herons in the middle of the flat, and many of them were walking along watching the water. I knew there would be reds beneath them, so I headed that way as the rain began to fall. I was convinced that the rain would shut down the bite, but it seemed to bring it on instead. For the next two hours I sight casted red after red, and by 9:30 I was happily heading back to the truck with 19 reds and five drum caught, and even a trout for good measure. It was a pretty unbelievable morning.

motoyak

Re: Twofer

Post by motoyak »

Now that's some fishing!!
Prof salt=fish whisperer 8)