Anybody with a Wilderness System in Mango?

RussW

Anybody with a Wilderness System in Mango?

Post by RussW »

I am ready to buy a WS Tarpon 160i. I am trying to decide between the orange and mango colors. I can't remember exactly what the kayak looks like in Mango. Does anyone have a picture of any WS kayak in Mango that they can PM me or a link to one in that color?
Thanks a bunch.

Russ
joe cool

Post by joe cool »

I have been wanting to see a couple of yaks in different colors as well and find it hard to do unless you see a pic posted.
You would think one of those tekie web guys running WS Malibu or OK would set it up were when you look at their yaks online you could select the color you would like to see it in.
Good luck , Good beer , and Good fishin'
Texan
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Texan »

I hate to admit it because my cousin is on the board and has a mango WS kayak, but the mango is a great choice over the orange hands down. The subtle color differentiations will be hard to beat.

I have a sand 140 and thought that I had blemishes because of the various specks in the kayak, upon further inspection the stuff is there on purpose! Blonde moment for me, a great job is done on kayaks (of pretty much all brands) to mimic the various colors they advertise.

My 2 bits Señor!
Crank-B8
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by Crank-B8 »

RussW,

I have a new WS Ride in the Mango color. Here is a link to a post where I posted a couple of pictures: http://www.texaskayakfisherman.com/foru ... hp?t=29483

I will tell you this, in that picture the yak looks a litte darker than normal. If you click the "ALBUM" link at the top of the page and then click "Fish Pictures" I have another picture uploaded there that was taken during the day and looks closer to the actual color. I think it is the first picture in the album right now because I just uploaded it yesterday. I think the title is "Rat Red In Taylor Lake."

I'm happy with the Mango. For me it came down to Mango and Sand so I went with Mango for the visibility factor. It's basically a mix between the WS yellow and orange. The nose is completely yellow and slowly fades to completely orange at the stern with what I would call a marble looking mixture of the two in the middle.

Hope this helps.

Jason
Brother Bob

Post by Brother Bob »

Here is my Mango.

BR
Attachments
redfishk.pdf
(121.65 KiB) Downloaded 70 times
Mangomania

Post by Mangomania »

I have a mango 140, and it is awesome. Wouldn't have it any other way.
Cubera
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Cubera »

I'm pretty conservative guy.........till I saw and bought my T140 in Mango. Wife asked if I was going through another mid life crisis. Had to remind her that I went through that more than 10 years ago when I just knew I needed a new Vette and bought one. Thinking about a T120 in Mango for her.
Kingwood Kayaker
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Kingwood Kayaker »

The T-160i was at the Galveston EEF prize boat. It was in Mango and I now have it in my garage.

All of us Team Wildy guys posed with it while we had a chance. The link below takes you to the page with the pictures. Click on "Other pictures of the event".

Galveston EEF Photos

I like the Mango. Ever since the Rockport disaster, I have been attracted to brightly colored kayaks. Not just being seen, but being found is equally important.

As I cycle through my kayaks, my new ones have been yellow and mango.

Phil