Town Lake Fishing Report (Austin)

Barnacle Bill
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Town Lake Fishing Report (Austin)

Post by Barnacle Bill »

Hit Town Lake with my sons today at 3:15 pm.. We parked at the Festival Beach boat ramp and tossed a blue/sil rattle trap, red/sil rattle trap and a red/char assassin in the water behind the ramp for an hour or so.. I had a couple of hits on the blu/sil trap but they definitely weren't aggressive. We started fishing along the boat ramp all the way down to the footbridge and then under it without any luck still throwing the traps and assassins without any hits. I'm sure it was the heat. I would have been at home watching b-ball on the tube but my sons really wanted to wet a line and since they are leaving for Cali for a month, I decided to limp along and risk a heat stroke, LOL.. Anyway, once we got under the footbridge, my oldest son (13) got behind some trees and big brush that were growing out of the water. He yelled and I went to see what he was yelling about. The Bass and Bluegill were literally STACKED over/under/side-by-side in the shade under the brush. :shock: They were just sitting there facing the lake, not moving around at all. My sons started dropping assassins right on their heads and the fish would just move over a few inches and keep facing the lake. They wouldn't take anything. That's when I KNEW it was too hot for man and fish, LOL.. I still can't cast well at all and I'm paying a price now for all that walking on my injured knee, LOL... I did have a few daydreams about fishing with a flyrod for those stacked fish.. Now, I'm going to go buy one tomorrow, LOL.. :D No fish but you can't beat a day fishing with your kiddos :D ... We quit around 6:30pm.

B-Bill
"You don't know if you don't go!"
Doc

Post by Doc »

Thanks Bill, You are soooo right. My sons are only 5 and 9 but I love to take them fishing. Doc