Crunchy Marinated Duck Wraps

blesker
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Crunchy Marinated Duck Wraps

Post by blesker »

For those of you who think duck isn't good to eat, I'd like you to try this recipe.

Oh - and for those of you who think duck *is* good to eat, I'll be interested in hearing how you like this recipe.

Marinate your duck breasts for a half a day or so in a mixture of soy, teriyaki sauce, and srirachi chili paste (it's that red pepper sauce you see in the squeeze bottle with the rooster on the front)

I had 2 ducks (for breast pieces) and used roughy 1/2 cup soy, 1/4 cup teriyaki, and a generous squirt (4 tablespoons or more) of the sriracha sauce.

For your wrap get a fresh head of lettuce, shred a carrot, get some fried chowmein noodels, soy sprouts (if you'd like) and your ready. What you're after here is a mix of items that give you a nice crunchy texture. You can substitute, delete, or add to what I used above. :)

Grill your duck breast over medium heat until done medium well. I started mine on the lower grill, then moved them up to finish them.

Remove from the grill, and cut into thin 1/4" slices.

Allow your guests to build their own duck wrap. You just lay a couple of duck piece on the lettuge, pile up the other ingredients, add the sauces you want, and wrap and eat. mmmmmmmmm

Serve with satay sauce (a peanut sauce found in the oriental food section) and more sriracha sauce.

A mixture of hoisin and srirachi is great on this too.

These two birds fed 4 folks as a good appetizer yesterday.

Enjoy - and please report back if you try this. Like I said, I always like to know what folks think of my creations.

b
Last edited by blesker on Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
trouttracker
Location: Lake Jackson , TX. ACK Wilderness Systems Ambassador

wraps

Post by trouttracker »

Made them tonight and got nothing but rants and raves about them. this recipe ranks no.1 in my book. Thanks

trouttracker
blesker
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Re: wraps

Post by blesker »

trouttracker wrote:Made them tonight and got nothing but rants and raves about them. this recipe ranks no.1 in my book. Thanks

trouttracker

Diggit :)

b