Any recipe out there like Pappadeux's alexander sauce?

Finnuts

Any recipe out there like Pappadeux's alexander sauce?

Post by Finnuts »

Im looking for a seafood sauce like Pappadeux's alexander sauce. Anyone have something similair?
gyoung

Post by gyoung »

Nice... if someone responds to this.. I'll be forever greatful.

Since we are at it... I'll also request any and I stress ANY of the Babin's seafood sauces or toppings would also be appreciated...
Geminiwayz

Re: Any recipe out there like Pappadeux's alexander sauce?

Post by Geminiwayz »

finnuts wrote:Im looking for a seafood sauce like Pappadeux's alexander sauce. Anyone have something similair?

Check out this website. I have not actually tried the recipe yet though so can't testify how close they get to the actual recipe.

http://www.cdkitchen.com/recipes/recs/1 ... 7423.shtml
Fla-Fish
TKF 8000 Club
TKF 8000 Club

Post by Fla-Fish »

Geminiwayz so when are you fixin it ??

What kind of seafood works best with it ??

Watch out for "LowRider" caddy's :roll: :shock: :roll:

Just remembered and laughed :roll: :wink: :lol: :lol:
Geminiwayz

Post by Geminiwayz »

I gotta actually have some fish in the cooler or freezer before can actually try it! Maybe someone that is actually catching fish will try and lemme know how it was. :lol:

I think the fish I had at Pappadeaux's that had that tasty sauce was blackened catfish?? It has been a while and one of the few times I have had catfish but it was GOOD!! :o

HAHAHHA!!!! That is funny you should bring the caddy up. I was just thinking bout that and LMAO!! That was way too funny. Low--Ride--eeerrrr. Where is the camera when ya need one! :roll:
Fla-Fish
TKF 8000 Club
TKF 8000 Club

Post by Fla-Fish »

"Low--Ride--eeerrrr. Where is the camera when ya need one!"

Don't you mean HALF a Low Rider :roll: :shock: :roll: :lol:
Animal Chris
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by Animal Chris »

Try this one. It works well over fish or chicken breasts.

Potty Trained Sauce:

Heat a skillet and add 1 tablespoon of Seafood Magic (or blackened seasoning). Add 4 tablespoons of room temperature butter (remove skillet from direct heat to keep butter from buring) and melt. Return to skillet to medium heat, Add 1/2 cup of sliced mushrooms and brown. Add 1/4 Cup of dry or semi sweet white wine to deglaze pan. Add 1 cup of heavy cream and reduce until thick. Add 1/2 cup (or more) of medium shrimp (or if you have larger shrimp, dice them in 3 peices), 1/4 cup of chopped fresh parsley, 1 bunch of scallions (with tops) and cook until shrimp are pink. When shrimp are cooked, add 1 clove of finely chopped garlic and whisk in 4 tablespoons of room temperature butter. Let simmer (but don't let butter separate) for a couple of minutes. Spoon over fish (and, it ain't bad over the rice, either).
fisherwoman4life

Post by fisherwoman4life »

This is close, but not quite!

I work at Deaux for about 9 years, in one capacity or another, and I make the "Alexander sauce" quite often at home. The problem is; I cook by taste and will have to get back to you on the amounts of the ingredients. They are also missing some key ingredients. (White wine, shrimp, scallops, mushrooms)

Give me until Thursday night! I'm planning on making it then and I will write it down.

Wendy
gyoung

Post by gyoung »

fisherwoman4life wrote:This is close, but not quite!

I work at Deaux for about 9 years, in one capacity or another, and I make the "Alexander sauce" quite often at home.
I'm eagerly awaiting!!!

G
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

Next time you go to Babins try getting the ribeye steak blackened and then adding your favorite sauce on top. I like the sauce picant and my wife does the jumbo lump crab....... Mmmmmmmm Good