Recipe - Crawfish Etouffee

Animal Chris
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Recipe - Crawfish Etouffee

Post by Animal Chris »

It's that time of year and a friend requested my recipe, so I thought that someof you might like it...Passed on to me by my good friends Roy Borque and his sister Olive Gauthier (their mom's recipe).

Crawfish Etouffee

1 stick - butter
1 - med. onion - medium chop
1 - large bell pepper - medium chop
2 stalks - celery (including tops) - medium chop
2 cloves - garlic - minced
2 T. - Tomato Paste
4 C. - Water
1 t. - Sugar
1 bunch - green onions with tops
Salt to taste
Black Pepper to taste
Cayenne Pepper to taste
1# Crawfish tails (preferably with fat)
1 T. - Cornstarch
½ C. - Cold water

In a pot over med. heat, melt butter, sautee onion, pepper, celery and garlic until wilted. Add tomato paste and cook uncovered for 10 min., stirring occasionally. Remove excess oil from butter (you won't be able to get it all so don't worry). Add sugar and stir for about 1 min. Add water and stir until smooth. Add salt, black and red pepper to taste (you can always add more, you can't remove it). Add half of the green onions with tops. (Reserve rest for serving) Cook uncovered for about 40 minutes. Add crawfish and cook for another 10 minutes. Taste for seasoning. In a separate dish, combine cornstarch and cold water. Add to crawfish, stirring. Bring to light boil and hold until mixture thickens. Serve over rice and garnish with diced green onions. Serves 4
spiny norman
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by spiny norman »

Man it's been a while since I've had Crawfish Etouffee. That recipe sounds great!