Cove

Boar

Cove

Post by Boar »

I'm going to be heading to Copperas Cove next weekend and want to try to paddle a bit. Anyone have any sugestions for that area?
I plan to try to hook up with schr/gerald if he is avail but need recomendations incase he isn't

Thanks
Boar
gerald
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by gerald »

I sent you an email but I never know if that stuff goes through. Copperas Cove is not a mecca for kayak paddlers or fishing. I think Belton Lake and Stillhouse Hollow are both about 20 miles from there. I've been on Belton a lot, but not on the end nearest Copperas Cove. I've never been to Stillhouse Hollow, but I want to. The information and pictures I've seen make it pretty interesting. There is also the Lampassas River about 10 miles west. I've never been there either. Man...there's just so many places to go...and so little time. According to the TPWD River Guide this river can be pretty good to paddle and fish when the water levels are high. It's probably not high right now. The TPWD River Guide gives a lot of information on Texas rivers...including access points. As I told you in my email I'll be down on the San Marcos River this sunday exploring it for some future endeavors. Sunday is the only day I have off. I can get saturday off if I tell them at least a month in advance. I am thinking about exploring along the Colorado Bend State Park area in two or three weeks, on sunday, if you or anybody else is interested in going along. I think I'll set a date and post that if anybody would be interested. Have fun.
Newt
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

srchr/gerald

Post by Newt »

Here's a good link for river info if you don't already have it
http://www.world.std.com/~reichert/riverflo.htm

Post by Guest »

Newt...That is a good link...and it, in turn, links back to parts of the TPWD River Guide. Maybe we'll be able to lure you away from saltwater just a tad someday. There are amazing places to explore.
boxybru

Post by boxybru »

Stillhouse hollow is one pretty lake, with nice big and willing Bass in it.