Chicken Boy Lures

Fishmastr1

Chicken Boy Lures

Post by Fishmastr1 »

Alright, Ive been seeing a lot of posts about these Chicken Boy luers andthey seem to be pretty good. I need more info on them because I am shopping on line right now for them and I need to know which ones I need to get. Tell me yalls favorites ones! Where can I buy them besides online?
Thanks yall!
Reality Czech

Re: Chicken Boy Lures

Post by Reality Czech »

I haven't had a chance to use them yet, but the Buccees before Surfside has them according to Joe.
fishingcowboy

Post by fishingcowboy »

Red and white I love them super tough and a lot of action and get some chicken chit from him to
pcde123

Post by pcde123 »

i got the chicken on (something) but its a normal colored shrimp with a yellow tail, and plumlicious purplr body yellow tail, just depends on water color, if its lighter or clear water i go with the natrual chicken one and if its a darker murky water i will use the plumb one
Fishmastr1

Post by Fishmastr1 »

fishingcowboy wrote:Red and white I love them super tough and a lot of action and get some chicken chit from him to
I seen that stuff. I have buddies that use that scent stuff. Im guessing it really does work? How much do I spray on it?
fishingcowboy

Post by fishingcowboy »

Get the gel from chicken boy. He is a local guy to galveston and great product. And the sent really works especially on flounder
emtp101
Location: Lasara Tx, fish Port Mansfield or anywhere in beautiful LLM

Post by emtp101 »

Got to try these.
b0okevin

Post by b0okevin »

red and white (flounder king) or the chicken on a bone color.
macjank7

Chicken Boy Lures

Post by macjank7 »

The original size shrimp and psycho chicken are my two favorite lures he sells.

Colors:
Chicken on a chain
Red/white
Pearl/red tail
All of them will catch fish

Try them with a Rockport Rattler jighead and they are deadly on everything from doormat flounder, big reds and trophy trout.

Yes, the scent works great on any lure, I like the shrimp and menhaden scent the best and so do the fish. Smear it on with your finger, dont get it in your mouth and wash your fingers or your GF will think you are cheating on her.
mrbondoc
Location: facebook.com/tailskayakfishing @bondocsaints (IG) SanAntonio,TX

Post by mrbondoc »

:lol: ^
TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by TroutSupport.com »

macjank7 wrote: Smear it on with your finger, dont get it in your mouth and wash your fingers or your GF will think you are cheating on her.
LOL...that's a good one mac!
RedWolf
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club
Location: Clear Lake, Lime OK Frenzy, Lime Tarpon 120, Blue Tarpon 140

Post by RedWolf »

Places to buy Chickenboy Lures in Houston Area. Hookspit tackle in League City, Louis's Bait camp, Buccees Freeport (I'm pretty sure the new Buccees by the outlet mall will have them also when it opens), Serious Tackle, and I've heard rumor that Marburgers sells them but have not verified this for myself. I know there are other places as well, but those are the ones I can verify.
blzn04

Post by blzn04 »

I don't want to cause a mass riot or anything...but I went to bucees in surf side yesterday...and they had all chicken boys for 2.50...please drive safely! Their parking lot is scary enough lol
walkeraviator

Post by walkeraviator »

I bought some new penny chicken boys at the POC Rods store this weekend. How do you rig and fish these? I tried under a poppin cork with no luck.
5fangers

Post by 5fangers »

walkeraviator wrote:I bought some new penny chicken boys at the POC Rods store this weekend. How do you rig and fish these? I tried under a poppin cork with no luck.
I've caught all my marsh reds under a popping cork using an 1/8th ounce jig head (3/0 hook) with a variety of Midcoast popping corks. I kept the leader (12# fluoro) under the cork around 4 feet so it could hit the bottom as well for the flounder. Throw it out, pop pop pop, and let it sit for a sec and repeat. Hasn't failed me yet. The water where we fished was shallow at 1-4' (at most probably) and muddy. Chicken on a bone was THE producer for me in the 4" size. Oh, doesn't hurt to throw some Shrimp or Inshore SW Pro-Cure on it. That stuff is sticky and lasts quite a while.
Fishmastr1

Post by Fishmastr1 »

blzn04 wrote:I don't want to cause a mass riot or anything...but I went to bucees in surf side yesterday...and they had all chicken boys for 2.50...please drive safely! Their parking lot is scary enough lol
I need to head over that way soon then! Very helpful stuff yall! Thanks for the GF tips too lol Im pretty excited to get a hold of some of these plastics!!
Tiapan

Post by Tiapan »

I have yet to use his lures myself. But they are extremely popular on the 2cooler web forum. He often runs promotions through that site. ( I'm not saying go buy his stuff, just if you want to get a discount if you can) the designs are fairly similar to many others on the market. Especially some of the gulp ones (mantis shrimp comes to mind).
texan4ut
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by texan4ut »

I ordered some from their website. Got notice they shipped today, hopefully I will have them before next weekend when I head out to Matty.
Ms addicted
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by Ms addicted »

BAAD Marine on Hwy 6 between Santa Fe and Alvin has them too. Also the Food Mart in front on the Bayou Vista neighborhood.
RedWolf
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club
Location: Clear Lake, Lime OK Frenzy, Lime Tarpon 120, Blue Tarpon 140

Post by RedWolf »

Also Boyd's at the base of Tx City dike carries them.
walkeraviator

Post by walkeraviator »

5fangers wrote:
walkeraviator wrote:I bought some new penny chicken boys at the POC Rods store this weekend. How do you rig and fish these? I tried under a poppin cork with no luck.
I've caught all my marsh reds under a popping cork using an 1/8th ounce jig head (3/0 hook) with a variety of Midcoast popping corks. I kept the leader (12# fluoro) under the cork around 4 feet so it could hit the bottom as well for the flounder. Throw it out, pop pop pop, and let it sit for a sec and repeat. Hasn't failed me yet. The water where we fished was shallow at 1-4' (at most probably) and muddy. Chicken on a bone was THE producer for me in the 4" size. Oh, doesn't hurt to throw some Shrimp or Inshore SW Pro-Cure on it. That stuff is sticky and lasts quite a while.
I used a 1/4oz Rockport Rattler jig head, 3-4 ft mono leader, under a Cajun Thunder poppin cork around shell reefs with no luck. Will try the lighter jig head next time.
castin4fish

Post by castin4fish »

Tackle Town Rockport carries them.
Coachsmills
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Coachsmills »

walkeraviator wrote:
I used a 1/4oz Rockport Rattler jig head, 3-4 ft mono leader, under a Cajun Thunder poppin cork around shell reefs with no luck. Will try the lighter jig head next time.
You'll get different opinions on the weight of the jig head, but I use 1/16th oz 90% of the time but will go to a 1/8th oz if the tide is really ripping. The reason why I like them lighter is because of the nice, slow fall a lighter jig head gives. It just looks more natural.