Spiders

Late Bloomer

Spiders

Post by Late Bloomer »

These are the 4 latest designs. Fun to tie. Bull Bream love em.
Attachments
New spiders.jpg
Phishtech
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Re: Spiders

Post by Phishtech »

How do you get your flies to float??
Pusher

Post by Pusher »

Ever try a Guinea spider. Met a guy at the Contraband Fly Fishers Expo in Lake Charles who states Bluegill and Bream love them. Simple tie of weighted or unweighted hook,chenille body,rubber legs and a small Guinea feather stem end tied behind head covering to tail or end of hook. Mix and match colors. As soon as I get my cast off I tie some and let you know .
Late Bloomer

Post by Late Bloomer »

Phishtech wrote:How do you get your flies to float??
The spider made of sinew floats the flies with just floss are slow sinkers and the bead heads sink.
Late Bloomer

Post by Late Bloomer »

Pusher wrote:Ever try a Guinea spider. Met a guy at the Contraband Fly Fishers Expo in Lake Charles who states Bluegill and Bream love them. Simple tie of weighted or unweighted hook,chenille body,rubber legs and a small Guinea feather stem end tied behind head covering to tail or end of hook. Mix and match colors. As soon as I get my cast off I tie some and let you know .
Have not tried one yet. Was that Fred you talked to at the Expo? I was tying the wasp and spiders there.
Pusher

Post by Pusher »

No, Fred's an artist spending hours per fly for perfection. I'll spend 1 hour tying and fish for hours. The gentleman I mentioned was a big guy with a beard who set up near the backdoor. His set up was simple. Similar to your basic travel kit or 'streamside' kit. Quietly confident of his flies. That's when you realize you overthink tying.
Reality check.
Bayoutalker

Post by Bayoutalker »

Pusher wrote:No, Fred's an artist spending hours per fly for perfection. I'll spend 1 hour tying and fish for hours. The gentleman I mentioned was a big guy with a beard who set up near the backdoor. His set up was simple. Similar to your basic travel kit or 'streamside' kit. Quietly confident of his flies. That's when you realize you overthink tying.
Reality check.
We should have driven over together! LOL I spent quite a bit of time visiting with him too. He was tying a couple of patterns that I want to try. I believe his name is Mike Herbster. That is what he goes by on another forum that he told me about.