Waterproof camera.

Zero1

Waterproof camera.

Post by Zero1 »

Looking for a waterproof camera. What are some brads I should be looking at?

Thanks in advance,

Zero
Mythman
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club
Location: Cypress.......watching the weather to go BTB fishing!

Re: Waterproof camera.

Post by Mythman »

http://www.popphoto.com/gallery/5-best- ... ct-cameras" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
LOOKN4REDS
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by LOOKN4REDS »

I have been using the Oly Stylus. Has more features than I know what to do with. I would buy another one if I lost it.
peterpan
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by peterpan »

I guess the cameras Mythman posted should cover the all "good" ones. I quote it because telling you the truth and for the extensive research I have done, none of them can compare to Non-waterproof point and shoot good cameras as far as image quality is concerned. I had Olympus though series and did not like the quality. Then I bought a Canon D10 (still have it), but still the quality is not so good, but better than most of the others as I saw in several comparison reports. It is just bulky, but that is on purpose, so when you are scuba diving, you can have a better grip to it. The downside is that if you wanna use for social events, you can't just slide it in your pocket, it will look like you have a potato inside. Bottom line, they are ok cameras for the purpose! But don't expect great quality in various conditions at all!
2FlyFish4

Post by 2FlyFish4 »

yep, Cannon D10 takes great photos. i have had mine for about 3 years now and have been very happy with it. the only thing i wish it did was take HD video.
TDD
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by TDD »

I've had this set up (along with several others) for over a couple of years now and have never used it yet :oops:

I'm gonna have to take it out one of these days :roll:

this is the one that I use the most now days from the yak .. good ole D-10

RattleSnakeByte

Post by RattleSnakeByte »

I have a Pentax Option w90 from 2010, 12.1MPX. It is a point and shoot with a lot of options, not the least of which is several movie recording modes.

Good pics, waterproof,the slightly older models have a sharp decrease in price once the latest come out, but are just as good. All are rock solid underwater, and I have recorded HS football games end-to-end, keeping a several on there with the memory card.
Wolfman57
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by Wolfman57 »

I've used the Olympus waterproof one and have loved it. Just bought a new model this weekend
Zero1

Post by Zero1 »

Thanks for the information. Going to look at some of your suggestions today before I head down to Crystal Beach this afternoon for the week.

Thanks,

Zero
SamSter0077

Post by SamSter0077 »

Been using a Cannon D10 for years now. Just make sure you attach some type of float to it... I am on my second one.. :D
gwinyak

Post by gwinyak »

I bought a Kodak c123 waterproof camera with a floating wrist strap and case and memory card all together for 60 bucks off amazon...takes gorgeous pictures. I have even captured birds in flight with beautiful results. For 60$ I have been really impressed. Going on its second summer now, it has been under water on several occasions and has payed for itself many times over.