Crystal Beach Report, Better Late Than Never

techtucker

Crystal Beach Report, Better Late Than Never

Post by techtucker »

I got home from a week long trip to Crystal Beach a few days ago and I am just now getting around to detailing my exploits. Given the delay it's not particularly useful report wise but we'll see. :)

Last Monday my father in law and I took the yaks to Horseshoe lake to try our luck using artificials. Threw at a couple of tailing reds, but no takers.

The next day we decided to try the surf out in front of the beach house we were renting and were able to pull in this little guy who was about 3 feet long.

On Wednesday we hit the surf again to see if we could pull in a bigger shark. We ended up catching 4 more little black tips two of which doubled up on a single mullet with a pair of hooks in him.

Towards the end of the day we hooked up with what we thought was the big shark we were after but it ended up being this nice bull red.

For bait we were using mullet that were about 10 inches long with the head cut off just in front of the pectoral fins. Cutting the heads off like that keeps the sack surrounding the internal organs intact which seemed to be a good target for the sharks to bite. The leader we were using was double hooked and had a pretty hefty wire weight to hold it still. I was paddling the bait just to the other side of the furthest breakers and was dropping it their. A couple of times we had a bite before I had even paddled back in.

Everything we caught went right back into the surf after a quick photo session.

Great fun, and I can't wait to go back! :D
BigGameProwler82

Re: Crystal Beach Report, Better Late Than Never

Post by BigGameProwler82 »

Right on man :clap:
peterpan
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Re: Crystal Beach Report, Better Late Than Never

Post by peterpan »

The sharks look like a lot bullsharks! The first picture for sure is a bullshark.

Good job anyways!