NW TKF casual get together Willies ICE House November 4 2012

Forever Fishing
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

NW TKF casual get together Willies ICE House November 4 2012

Post by Forever Fishing »

NW TKF casual get together Willies ICE House November 4 2012 === MEET AT 7pm ===

Come on out and meet some of your local TKF fisherman. Looks like we have some great guys wanting to meet each other and have decided to invite all of us.

Willie's Ice House
24236 Northwest Freeway
Cypress, TX 77429
(281) 758-0558

It's at Barker Cypress and 290 in the same parking lot as HEB.
kayaktx7
Location: NW Houston, TX Cypress Ride: 2012 Hobie Pro Angler 14 & Perception 12

Re: NW TKF casual get together Willies ICE House November 4 2012

Post by kayaktx7 »

Awesome!!! Looking forward to meet everybody thanks forever fishing.
jdub

Post by jdub »

I'll try to make it. I missed out on the last few gatherings but been focused on conquering the Brazos.
Jeaux

Post by Jeaux »

I plan on making it.
Anyone going from Montgomery / Magnolia / north area would like to commute together?
AyJay
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by AyJay »

I'll try to make it out. If they have bama vs lsu on TV, even better.

Presumingt the A&M vs Bama game next saturday isn't 11am, I'll be bringing my new kayak trailer out to FCR.
Forever Fishing
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

I decided to skip to the IFA Championship in LA so I am definitely coming.

See you guys there. :dance:
Terror Dactyl

Post by Terror Dactyl »

Sorry I wont be able to make it as I have a previous commitment.
richg99
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by richg99 »

I'll be there. Look for the big ugly guy, Ha! Rich
Jeaux

Post by Jeaux »

I thinks there will be more than one of those. Lol
Jeaux

Post by Jeaux »

I was here
Jeaux
Gearhead
Richg99
CamoBassProwler13

Thanks for comming looking forward to paddle with you guys.
Roberto M.
832-296-0571
Robertomorales@digitalsolutionpro.com
kayakTX7
Forever Fishing
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Sorry guys had something come up at the last minute and was unable to attend. Glad you guys got together and sorry I missed it! :oops:
richg99
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by richg99 »

I had a great time. Arrived late because I forgot to take the VERY CLEAR address with me. I went to the wrong Willlies!

Met some nice TKF'ers. None were set to go to Fayette next Saturday. I wonder how many will be showing up?

I hardly ever fish on a weekend due to crowds and the availability to me to fish during the week. I am retired, and have six Saturdays and one Sunday every week.

I'd hate to drive the long way to Fayette to find (NOT) a lot of non-attendees and a busy lake, full of power boats.

Who is really going??

Rich
Forever Fishing
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

richg99 wrote:I had a great time. Arrived late because I forgot to take the VERY CLEAR address with me. I went to the wrong Willlies!

Met some nice TKF'ers. None were set to go to Fayette next Saturday. I wonder how many will be showing up?

I hardly ever fish on a weekend due to crowds and the availability to me to fish during the week. I am retired, and have six Saturdays and one Sunday every week.

I'd hate to drive the long way to Fayette to find (NOT) a lot of non-attendees and a busy lake, full of power boats.

Who is really going??

Rich
Hello Rich,

I understand that attendance at these events has been pretty sparse and making the trip to Fayette to find it busy with boats and not many TKF people may not be what you are looking for from the chapter. I've been pretty surprised at the lack of participation at all of our events this year. However, I will be there for sure and I hope you will join me. I've come to the conclusion that even if I'm there with only one person it's someone to visit, eat and fish with. It's also one more person I've shared a fishing experience with and hopefully gained another fishing buddy.

Kayak fishing seems to have a lot of people who talk about fishing much more than they actually DO fishing. I've had several TKF'ers notify me that they want to fish on Fayette over the years, act like they want to go and then never show up. In fact I believe that most people do want to come to events like this but they always find some kind of excuse not to attend. The weather, the wife, the blah, blah, blah. In order for me to fish I must MAKE it happen. It's a lot of work, sacrifice, hassle, sometimes dangerous and expensive to MAKE happen. But if you, me or any of our other want-to-be's don't do it it won't get done. If I didn't force my way to the water I would never go. If I listened to 90% of my friends and wife I'd never go! I don't know about you but, I've made the decision to fish on a regular basis. I'm doing this and I understand that I'm the only one than can make it happen. Or I can NOT go and make up excuses.

Why don't you help me find reasons to attend and not find reasons NOT to attend?

For instance here are a few reasons we should go: It's winter time and you'll be surprised how few boats will be at Fayette this weekend and I promise it won't be FULL OF BOATS. Even if there are a few they don't normally fish the same way us kayakers do and I've had very few problems with boats not sharing the water on Fayette. It's a pretty long drive for me as well would you like to buddy up and split expenses? I can take four yaks and four fisherman and all their gear in my big red truck and trailer. The fishing was great this past weekend just look at this report from one of my friends. Why not bring a couple of deer sausages and cook them up on a camping stove just to participate and break up your weekend a bit. Invite the wife, son, neighbor; go on a dark thirty drive and come sit a while, sip some cowboy coffee, watch the sunrise, visit and just enjoy the water. Hell we don't even have to fish to enjoy the lake and each other.

You've all ready said you have the time, now make it happen! Who cares who shows up, you and me will be there enjoying the sunrise, talking fishing, cooking something if you want. Hey we may even decide to fish!

rich99 we need you and everyone else to attend but only if you can make it happen. Won't you please come and encourage others to attend?

Looking forward to meeting you.
richg99
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by richg99 »

Thanks, Brice, for the encouragement. Hope it spurs more guys/gals into going.

I was planning on going, but not planning on being there at sunrise. I rarely get up as early as many fishermen do, anymore. ... Been doing it for most of my 73 years. I cannot, any longer, find the enthusiasm to get up in the middle of the night.

As far as driving two hours each way, I can, and do, do that once or more during the week. I fished three days and played golf on the fourth day a week ago. Last week I was on the water only one day, but three more were taken up with a golf vacation with my wife.

I planned to head to the bay this morning in my little P.B. skiff, but she has fuel line/tank/filler troubles. Off she goes to my favorite mechanic (Steve at Bowden in Humble) to have her taken care of.

My primary purpose in considering going to Fayette next Saturday was to fish; meet and spend time with a bunch of guys/gals who I meet daily on these boards.

Seems to me a simple ......Sign up/Intend to go....list would help a lot. Nothing is carved in stone, and things do come up...but if 15 signed up and 12 showed up...that would work for me.

If very few signed up, then an open invite on the regular boards (both saltwater and freshwater) would probably bring on more players.

regards, rich
Last edited by richg99 on Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jeaux

Post by Jeaux »

It was nice meeting you guys last evening, enjoyed the visit.
GearHead

Post by GearHead »

Thanks for having the get together. It was nice meeting everyone and putting a face with the username.

As for the FCR day, I would really like to go if someone has an extra kayak they would not mind letting a noob use for the day. I would love to try out the fly rod on freshwater.
kayaktx7

Post by kayaktx7 »

It was very nice to meet with you guys thanks for show up I had a great time and hope we can wet those paddles soon. I would love to go with you Lafayette but I have to work that weekend. I would do my best to make it next trip. Good luck and have fun.
Cruisin_Cuda
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club
Location: Cypress, Tx- Earth JK Cruise, Urban Camo JK Cuda 14, Camo Hobie Outback

Post by Cruisin_Cuda »

it was good meeting you all and unfortunately I already have a trip planned this weekend or i'd be there. hope yall get some bucketmouths!
kayaktx7

Post by kayaktx7 »

I'm planing to go fishing On Wednesday If anyone wants to join feel free to let me know. I have no plan might go to leavingstone or Galveston. Looks like it's going to be a wonderful day for fishing.