Tournaments

Barnacle Bill
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Tournaments

Post by Barnacle Bill »

The only way a lures tournament happens is if someone decides, 'Hey, I'm gonna have a lures tournament this weekend".

You can create a scedule of dates and locations. Not everyone is going to be able to make it so just select the days and location and go with it. Sometimes you'll have 3 or 4 guys show up and sometimes you'll have 7 or 8.
nmYAK4fish

Re: Tournaments

Post by nmYAK4fish »

Oh I see, I don't want to steal anyone's thunder. I'm guessing it's no permit type deal, who ever shows up, shows up. No registration just meet at point A and weigh in at point B?
Barnacle Bill
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Barnacle Bill »

nmYAK4fish wrote:Oh I see, I don't want to steal anyone's thunder. I'm guessing it's no permit type deal, who ever shows up, shows up. No registration just meet at point A and weigh in at point B?

Yep. That's it. We haven't had many tourneys since I whooped everyone and sent them home crying.
nmYAK4fish

Post by nmYAK4fish »

Barnacle Bill wrote:
nmYAK4fish wrote:Oh I see, I don't want to steal anyone's thunder. I'm guessing it's no permit type deal, who ever shows up, shows up. No registration just meet at point A and weigh in at point B?

Yep. That's it. We haven't had many tourneys since I whooped everyone and sent them home crying.
We'll in that case, keep an eye out for an august lures tournament post. I'm think oak creek? But I will post up a desperate thread when I'm officially living in lubbock. Thanks for the info BB!
Barnacle Bill
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Barnacle Bill »

nmYAK4fish wrote:
Barnacle Bill wrote:

We'll in that case, keep an eye out for an august lures tournament post. I'm think oak creek? But I will post up a desperate thread when I'm officially living in lubbock. Thanks for the info BB!

Try to give everyone 3 or 4 weeks notice and don't invite Aggroman, he's a Jonah.. His last fishing trip didn't turn out so well, what with the helicopter rescue and all...
Bigrock
TKF 6000 Club
TKF 6000 Club

Post by Bigrock »

BB makes it sound so simple. nmYAK4fish, before you get too far into the planning, you really need to read the rule book. There's a reason we never have any tournaments. :D :D :D

yakinjunkie

Post by yakinjunkie »

I'm all in for lure Tourny as well. As long as it's between Louisiana and New Mexico with a bunch of west Texas yakers. Not big on handing lures to somebody in their backyard. :D

I have been to Alan Henry the past 2-3 weekends and it has fought some water finally. If anybody ever wants to carpool from Lubbock out there pm me.

nmyak4fish
Sorry for no update on the playa lakes. Haven't had time on the weekdays to go try it out yet. Not sure if you heard but we did get a Cabelas this week. Best thing to happen in Lubbock since Texas Tech.
Barnacle Bill
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Barnacle Bill »

Bigrock wrote:BB makes it sound so simple. nmYAK4fish, before you get too far into the planning, you really need to read the rule book. There's a reason we never have any tournaments. :D :D :D

That's just volumn 1.
nmYAK4fish

Post by nmYAK4fish »

yakinjunkie wrote:I'm all in for lure Tourny as well. As long as it's between Louisiana and New Mexico with a bunch of west Texas yakers. Not big on handing lures to somebody in their backyard. :D

I have been to Alan Henry the past 2-3 weekends and it has fought some water finally. If anybody ever wants to carpool from Lubbock out there pm me.

nmyak4fish
Sorry for no update on the playa lakes. Haven't had time on the weekdays to go try it out yet. Not sure if you heard but we did get a Cabelas this week. Best thing to happen in Lubbock since Texas Tech.
No sweat, I might have to hit you up on the carpooling thing next month. I did see the cabelas, I'm actually gonna try and work there, academy or gander mountain. Any luck at AH?
yakinjunkie

Post by yakinjunkie »

nmYAK4fish wrote: No sweat, I might have to hit you up on the carpooling thing next month. I did see the cabelas, I'm actually gonna try and work there, academy or gander mountain. Any luck at AH?
I was out at LAH again this past 3 days and only caught 3 fish all weekend. Here is where I fished and what I caught them on. Its pretty tuff fishing in that crystal clear water on the south side of the lake.

Map of where I fished and what I caught.
http://goo.gl/rGxjhC" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
nmYAK4fish

Post by nmYAK4fish »

yakinjunkie wrote:
nmYAK4fish wrote: No sweat, I might have to hit you up on the carpooling thing next month. I did see the cabelas, I'm actually gonna try and work there, academy or gander mountain. Any luck at AH?
I was out at LAH again this past 3 days and only caught 3 fish all weekend. Here is where I fished and what I caught them on. Its pretty tuff fishing in that crystal clear water on the south side of the lake.

Map of where I fished and what I caught.
http://goo.gl/rGxjhC" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
3 fish in 3 days?!? That's super tough. But don't feel bad I had a tough weekend at elephant Butte here in NM too. I caught quite a few fish but only managed 30 points for KW. A lot of 12-14 inch smallies and largies, then lost my only big bite because I didn't bring a net and tried to swing a 4-5 pounder. Thanks for the info BTW, but I pulled up the map on my phone and it just showed the lake without any pins. Hope the fishing picks up for you.
nmYAK4fish

Dunbar-Lubbock

Post by nmYAK4fish »

Is there anyone in the lubbock area that would be interested in a possible lures tournament at Dunbar Historical lake? I'm thinking of having one next month and just wanted to put out some feelers to see if there is any interest you will need hawg trough and 8 megapixel camera with micro sd card or usb cord to hook up to computer. Hoping to get at least 6 people to fish? Feel free to PM me.