Shore Fishing Concho Early Dec

chi-djm

Shore Fishing Concho Early Dec

Post by chi-djm »

I've been walking shorelines along the Concho downtown San Angelo almost every other day since Thanksgiving, mostly for an hour or so at a time in the evenings. I haven't had too much luck, but I have been getting a couple taps and hits every time out. Mostly throwing bass jigs (green/chart/brown), some small worms, some swimbaits. The jigs have been getting the best hits, but the small worms have been getting tapped too.

I've been talking to people I've been seeing out and about as well, some people throwing creature baits, some throwing cranks, the only luck I've heard about has been on the cranks. That's all I know about that.

I got my kayak out on Nasworthy for a few hours back on the 3rd or 4th? Old news at this point, but something kept pulling down my rods on hot dogs and chicken necks, but I couldn't get a hook into a fish.

I know, super lame first report, but I figure I'd share what I've been experiencing at this point. Maybe give someone a starting point to go and catch or not catch fish on their own.
nmYAK4fish

Re: Shore Fishing Concho Early Dec

Post by nmYAK4fish »

Not lame, I've been getting the bass in lubbock to hit crankbaits too, I fished on spot here in lubbock for a good half-hour pitching to everything and switched to a lippless crank and caught one right away,? Idk what's going on but I like it. Dunno what could have been yanking on your baits? Little catfish would be my guess? Thanks for sharing!
Aggroman
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Re: Shore Fishing Concho Early Dec

Post by Aggroman »

As far as bank fishing around Nasworthy and using regular bait, we always had good luck with chicken liver on a treble hook. Most the nibbles and bait stealing around there goes to turtles. They are everywhere. We usually catch at least 2 anytime we're out there. Biscuits and big red work awesome and will get a ton of big ol' carp as well. It's usually pretty decent around Grassy Meadows Park area. Especially this time of year without all the yahoos. Also has some good spots to drop in the yak at. I haven't fished artificials from the bank since I got my yak, but we have had luck with white/chartruse spinners around the boat docks. Good luck and welcome aboard!

Scott