Lake Amistad & Devil's River

tatumedic

Lake Amistad & Devil's River

Post by tatumedic »

Took a new paddler out yesterday, the intent was to paddle from Rough Canyon to the 277N rec area, however, work at the FD got in the way, so we decided to paddle from 277n to the hunt area by the mouth of the Devil's River. Morning was smooth as glass, no wind, nice and cool. Afternoon was close to 100 degrees with a UV index that was off the charts, and winds at about 5mph, with increasing surface chop.
Attachments
k3.jpg
k2.jpg
k1.jpg
texnomad
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Re: Lake Amistad & Devil's River

Post by texnomad »

WOW I miss being in that area. Thanks for the pictures. It will be at least November before I get to go back there. This time I will have a yak with me to play on the lake as well as all the others things I like to do there in Del Rio.
tatumedic

Post by tatumedic »

Yeah, it's a good place to hide out. If you want some folks to paddle with when you get here, just let me know.

Bruce
Aggroman
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by Aggroman »

Absolutely love that area, and of course further west on the Pecos. Thanks for sharing!
Bigrock
TKF 6000 Club
TKF 6000 Club

Post by Bigrock »

Hmmm...I was at 277 S Sunday morning with one of my boys and a friend of his. I was off the lake by noon to head back to go to work. My son had his brand new OK Prowler Big Game on its maiden voyage. Didn't slime it tho.

It's been over a year since I have...... :shock: :shock: :shock: No fish but it was a beautiful morning for paddling and exploring. :D

TFTR tatumedic. :clap:
tatumedic

Post by tatumedic »

Yup, we were definitely in the same A/O sunday... I avoid 277S like the plague and stick to 277N as I can back the trailer a bit into the water, drop the tailgate and slide the yaks straight off into the wet stuff.

Thanks for the replies. Maybe we will see some TKF members out on the water.

Bruce