Shimano Stradic FK

Jigawatt

Shimano Stradic FK

Post by Jigawatt »

Cabelas has the Stradic FJ on sale to make room for the FK version. Opportunity to get a nice reel for a great price. I liked the FJ upgrade with Xship. I'm a little surprised to see another Stradic upgrade so soon. But I think I'm going to like this upgrade, even more: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DUIyL26GuI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
My bank account is taking a hit this year.
Yaklash
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Re: Shimano Stradic FK

Post by Yaklash »

Yeah, just having purchased a new Stradic Ci4 earlier this year, I can't really justify it, but I told a friend who might get a few for his customers.
BigGabe63
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by BigGabe63 »

I saw online they were about $20-$30 off is there a better deal at the store itself? I really like the FJs and might have someone local go pick one up if there is a better price in store
skinnywaterfishin

Post by skinnywaterfishin »

Basspro has the Shimano Sedona FD on sale for $39.97, normally $59.99.

But by the time the moderator approves my post the sale will be long since past.

Took 1.5 weeks go have account registration approved and it's been 3+ days since I posted my first posts which haven't yet shown up on the board yet.

And y'all wonder why traffic is declining? The wall for participation for new folks is too high. I'm already frustrated.
jackinayak

Post by jackinayak »

Thanks for the posts about the new Shimano FK and the BPS sale on other Shimano reels. Yes "skinnywaterfishin" your post was appreciated and I hope to see more now that you are apparently vested. I too think my CI4s are great reels but my next one may have to be an "FK" after watching the videos about this new intro. Wonder how the weight compares to the hard to beat ci4. ????
Pablo
TKF 6000 Club
TKF 6000 Club

Post by Pablo »

An older lady gave me an in the box Stradic 2500 FH.

What does the "FH" stand for? Thanks in advance.

I'm guessing that it's just an older model, but hoping that it still has many of the good attributes of this years model(?), FK.
michang5

Post by michang5 »

Each last letter denotes a model style/release/generation. In theory, each generation improves upon the previous. Sometimes, it's just marketing fluff, but Shimano does appear to introduce new features into each release.

I have a 1000FI and a 1000FJ. I do think Shimano fixed some of the faults of the FI with the FJ. But the fish don't know which one I'm using, and I've caught just as many good fish with the older reel.
Yaklash
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Yaklash »

Pablo wrote:An older lady gave me an in the box Stradic 2500 FH.

What does the "FH" stand for? Thanks in advance.

I'm guessing that it's just an older model, but hoping that it still has many of the good attributes of this years model(?), FK.
I have a Stradic from the mid-90s that I still use. I don't know what any of the letters mean either, and I have no idea what letters were even behind the name on that Stadic. Spool that bad boy up and let us know how it works for you