cali yakers

yellow140t

cali yakers

Post by yellow140t »

going to hit the lake in the mourning maybe I will see somebody
castin4fish

Re: cali yakers

Post by castin4fish »

Good luck Mike. Let us know if they've started. I was planning a Saturday trip but needed to tie up projects. Fish fry today at church so the lake will have to wait for me another day. :lol:
yellow140t

Post by yellow140t »

nothing yet no bites saw only six fish on my f/f water temp 66 avg dusted off the cob webs need a new fish finder battery. did a little lake cleaning caught a 10 lbs down rigger ball and 15 feet of steel cable on the tank abought a 100 feet of thick mono fish line at the dam near the trees. new sign at the launch no fishing no parking no bait netting . it cost $13.00 to fish and one kayak hope to see you guys soon. PS was using big marvs and shrimp. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
Jimbo_47
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Jimbo_47 »

yellow140t wrote:nothing yet no bites saw only six fish on my f/f water temp 66 avg dusted off the cob webs need a new fish finder battery. did a little lake cleaning caught a 10 lbs down rigger ball and 15 feet of steel cable on the tank abought a 100 feet of thick mono fish line at the dam near the trees. new sign at the launch no fishing no parking no bait netting . it cost $13.00 to fish and one kayak hope to see you guys soon. PS was using big marvs and shrimp. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
Thanks for the report Mike!

Removing structure from the tank that weighs 10# you must be using some heavy duty line? :lol:

I like that they added no fishing signs, but the no netting I can't figure that one out? :roll:
Might have to practice throwing my net while standing in my kayak! :wink:
People don't pay attention to signs anyway but at least they are trying. :clap:
That $13.00 with the cheap cost of gas might be better used to go a little further down the road.
yellow140t

Post by yellow140t »

going to use the ball for my anchor :lol: :lol: :lol:
iron shore

Post by iron shore »

I think i'll stay with my small lake FREE AN NO BOATS. Good luck this year.
castin4fish

Post by castin4fish »

Was hoping for better report. At least u paid for ur trip with new anchor. :lol:
holdem

Post by holdem »

I'll be hitting it soon as this weather settles down. Pneumonia set me back physically last year so I'm anxious to get back in shape whisker jerking and pedaling. :clap:
Remus

Post by Remus »

I'm hoping to be back fishing as soon as the weather warms up a bit more.

Miss fishing!

Remus
yellow140t

Post by yellow140t »

when do the channel cats spawn under the trees
rickr
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by rickr »

With this warmer weather, they should be there now. :D
castin4fish

Post by castin4fish »

rickr wrote:With this warmer weather, they should be there now. :D
Remus and I hit them one spring in shallow. Funny they hit shad but only on a slow retrieve. They wouldn't take a setting shad. They were huge too. Fun to catch in shallow. Judging from the chimneys I can see from the house they are not running the plant right now. Hmmmm.
Yakin Teacher

Post by Yakin Teacher »

castin4fish wrote:
rickr wrote:With this warmer weather, they should be there now. :D
Remus and I hit them one spring in shallow. Funny they hit shad but only on a slow retrieve. They wouldn't take a setting shad. They were huge too. Fun to catch in shallow. Judging from the chimneys I can see from the house they are not running the plant right now. Hmmmm.

Have they started the stacks back up yet? Any news would be appreciated. We tried the spawn catfish pattern up against the rocks this year, but no current or warmth from the power plant had the fish confused. Or at least thats we told ourselves as we left with a big skunk…..

its an hour drive for me to Cali, so if you have news of plant stacks, it would be appreciated...
castin4fish

Post by castin4fish »

No plant operations yet. Don't know bout fish reports tho. Watched boats drive by all weekend on 1604. I was gonna drive in just to see if they were catching but had too many chores. Braunig was getting reports, but don't know the lake that well.
Good luck
holdem

Post by holdem »

I checked the trees Tuesday and got a big skunk. Arrived at 0800 and fished till noon from 2 to 7 feet deep all along the shoreline using shrimp and chicken liver. Got a couple of bluegill jerks and that's it. Was going to stop at the dam but ski-doos were working and the launch was getting crowded so I went home. Didn't read all the new signs because I was in a hurry. Guess I'll have to take time to read them before they get torn down. :horse: No problem pedaling the Hobie across the lake.
rickr
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by rickr »

Holdem, did you throw your bait right up against the bank? Like about a foot from the bank? Either they have moved on out or the Cats have gone the way of the big Bass. By the way, I am told they raised the prices again for us Seniors. Any news on how much they think they need to get in with a Kayak? :shock:
holdem

Post by holdem »

rickr wrote:Holdem, did you throw your bait right up against the bank? Like about a foot from the bank?
Did not throw that close to the bank ! Mebbe 5 foot from the bank ? I jumped a big diamond back water snake out of a leaning tree and he almost landed in the kayak with me. If there's a good day mid week I'll try again and take extra underwear. :mrgreen: :clap:

I don't know how much they charge now with a kayak because I get a yearly permit since I live 20 minutes away. I heard from someone that it is 13 dollars. No telling what the yearly permit costs now. :(
Jimbo_47
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Jimbo_47 »

My annual permit is about to expire and now you've got me sceered! :shock:
Roy

Post by Roy »

Looking forward to hitting the lake again this summer with y'all! I'll be running Holdem style, in a new-to-me PA14 :dance:

Last I checked, the annual pass for angler+boat/yak is still $83. I'll be buying mine soon so I hope it won't change before then...
Jimbo_47
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Jimbo_47 »

I drove out the other day just to check out the ramp and noticed the new signage.
Hope it works mainly for those campers who like to take over each end of the launch. They kept creeping ever so slowly closer and closer to the launch where you didn't have room to beach your kayak so others could use the launch.
Hope it works, but I kind of doubt it! :roll:
LTA

Post by LTA »

Bought my permit yesterday $83.
Dusty

Post by Dusty »

Going to try the trees tomorrow....
rickr
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by rickr »

Dusty......oh my goodness. One of the original Cali Catyakkers. Dusty knows where those Cats are and I know he will do well. I just hope he posts a report...good or bad. :lol:
iron shore

Post by iron shore »

OK Dusty how many :D
Dusty

Post by Dusty »

0 in the trees ... fished the tank and scraped up 6 cats and a red. Water seemed cool. I work at the power plant now and can confirm the units were not online much this winter wich is not normal. Probably has somthing to do with it.