Malibu eXtreme

T

Malibu eXtreme

Post by T »

Really appreciate TKFStubb for bringing the Malibu eXtreme to the Expo at AP - at least that's who I think brought it. It was really worth the 6 hours to get down there for the Expo. Yesterday, I called telephone number on the Malibu web site to see if they could tell me if any of these new boats are in north Texas, but they could not find any one. However, the guy I talked to was sure they had one up here. Does any one know of or have one up here. Just wanted to check out a few other aspects.
Tamale

Post by Tamale »

Hey may be talking about me. When I placed my order ast month there were 11 other eXtremes in Texas, or so he said. He mentioned all the places he shipped them too and most of them were along the coast. Maybe he thought Pflugerville was near Dallas.
T

Post by T »

Tamale,
Thanks for the reply. I would be interested in the one you hae, but I am sold on having a rudder. Have you weighted your yak?
Having mispent plenty of time in Austin, I know Pflugerville is not far from Fort Worth, at least in my mind.
T
Tamale

Post by Tamale »

I have not put it on the scale yet. But mine was the latest one released. It has the reinforced seat. They told me it weighed 78lbs. When guy I spoke with put it on a bath room scale and he sayed it weighed 82lbs. I'm not sure what you meant by weighted but I haven't done anying to it. Have you paddled one yet? Everyone I've spoke to says there is no need for a rudder. maybe just to help you turn. Something to consider. Good luck in your search.
Tamale

Post by Tamale »

Oh by the way. Have you talked to Malibu? I'm not sure but I didn't think they had a rudder for the extreme yet. Just a prototype. You should call them up and ask them.
NoBoat
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by NoBoat »

The eXtreme I have has a rudder. I'm pretty sure it's an available option.