Golden Triangle meeting last night 12/20

DiverDn

Golden Triangle meeting last night 12/20

Post by DiverDn »

I thought I would give a summary of our meeting last night. I'm posting this on the Saltwater board as well as the chapter board since we are so new and there may be folks that do not know about us yet.

We had a good turnout for our second meeting. There were more people there than during the first meeting so that is an encouraging sign.

First order of business was to officially name the chapter the Golden Triangle chapter instead of just Beaumont chapter. Thanks Clay for the suggestion.

We have a lot of great fishing spots in the Golden Triangle and surrounding areas, so we want to welcome anyone that is interested.

Next we bs'd a little while then got down to discussing what we want to accomplish over the next few meetings.

For our next meeting on 1/17/06 Tom will bring in his tournament kayak to show everyone how he has it rigged for tournaments. Tom explained that his tournament kayak's tend to have more gear on them due to the fact that during a day of fishing a tournament you need to carry everything for the day and you need to set things up to take pictures or do other things tournament related.

More bs'ing :) (which is mandatory when you get a bunch of fishermen together)

During our Feb 21st meeting we will watch some videos provided by John of Coastal Paddlers in Beaumont. He is going to bring in some videos on how to fish from a kayak and anything else he can get his hands on.

We are very lucky as a chapter to have some very experienced members. Tom has years of experience fishing tournaments, John with Coastal Paddlers has lead expeditions and taught kayaking longer than I think he is willing to admit, and everyone on the board knows Jolly Rodger and his offshore exploits. Among these guys there is a wealth of knowledge that would be difficult to duplicate anywhere else.

In my opinion if there is anyone in the Golden Triangle area (or any other area that is willing to make the trip) that is the least bit interested in tournament kayak fishing or any type of kayaking or fishing these meetings are a must.

Have a good one,
DiverDown