Surfside Jetties with live croakers.

Fishinfool1212

Surfside Jetties with live croakers.

Post by Fishinfool1212 »

Limits of trout at the Surfside jetties on live croaker free lining. First day we both got our limits of trout and the second day we got a limit and a half. Not sure if the pics will come out or not. Biggest so far is a nice healthy 25". 2 days back to back I got a limit. First day was non stop, and second day stopped about 10 am it went totally dead after that pretty green water came in. Get-U-Some bait and tackle before surfside bridge go check them out they have the lively croakers. Goodluck fellow TKFer's
Attachments
IMG_3478.JPG
IMG_3466.JPG
IMG_3452.JPG
Last edited by Fishinfool1212 on Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Fishinfool1212

Re: Surfside Jetties with live croakers.

Post by Fishinfool1212 »

one more
Attachments
IMG_3479.JPG
frankie14

Post by frankie14 »

Nice work.. What day were y'all out there?
Fishinfool1212

Post by Fishinfool1212 »

8-20 and 8-21
Green and Tann

Post by Green and Tann »

:horse:
Last edited by Green and Tann on Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Frreed

Post by Frreed »

Soft plastics and top waters aren't really fishing. Next time try fins, mask and a K-Bar :evil:
Last edited by Frreed on Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ReelGame02

Post by ReelGame02 »

Great job on the trouts anything on artificial
Fishinfool1212

Post by Fishinfool1212 »

Some smacks on some artificial and a lotta blue fish every now again a trout but no fatties. For you that are talking down on the croaker fishing i appreciate ur opinion but hey fishing is fishing. I throw artificials as well but every now and again I love the point of catching big fish. And no I can't participate in CCA for three years I won last year. I try to introduce people into fishing and if live bait gets them hooked I'm happy. Like I said thanks for ur opinions. Have a blessed day. Ohh ya and when your working nights and only have a little time to fish and need to make momma happy the croaker thing works. Thanks. Guess next time u see subject that reads live croakers don't bother reading it. :horse:
Newf88

Post by Newf88 »

Nice fish! Contrary to popular belief (or so it seems), fishing isn't a pissing match. If you got the fish to bite- then good on ya!

I guess real fisherman didn't exist 100 years ago?
Facehook

Post by Facehook »

Thanks for the report. Don't worry about the haters. Some people have the need of justifying their method of choice by talking down to others.
zebug

Post by zebug »

newbie here to the ocean, what kind of trout are those? Sorry, I grew up in Pennsylvania, so I'm trying to learn this saltwater stuff. Everyone just uses the term trout but if it's anything like back home, we got Rainbow trout, brook trout, brown trout, lake trout, etc

Beautiful catch by the way, looks like you had a blast.
Johnny5455
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Johnny5455 »

Good job man, y'all killed it! Croaker, shrimp, crab, or mullet...I'm not above using either also. Sometimes you want to better your odds when introducing others to the great sport of fishing. Good on ya!
Frreed

Post by Frreed »

I just want to be clear. I think it is a fine demonstration of fishing. And just so you know, I am a fly fishing "snob".

Good job!
Fishinfool1212

Post by Fishinfool1212 »

Speckled trout bro
FoolishSchoolFish

Post by FoolishSchoolFish »

Nice fish.
Fishinfool1212 wrote:And no I can't participate in CCA for three years I won last year.
What division did you win? Just geunuinly curious, I'm new to Texas and am fascinated by the idea of catching a fish worth 70k.
zebug

Post by zebug »

Thanks fishinfool.... You guys and your stories/pics are getting me addicted without even wetting my line yet
dbred21

Post by dbred21 »

how did yall go about getting the croaker? ive never fished in the ocean just curious i am making a trip down there this next week
karstopo
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by karstopo »

Nice. Never tried croakers. Glad to hear trout are at the Jetties.
Fishinfool1212

Post by Fishinfool1212 »

Sheepshead Category, not my forte but it won a boat. There is actually a story behind that sheepshead. I was gonna throw it back but my buddy talked me into taking it to the marina and luckily I listened. And the croaker were bought at Get-U-Some bait camp before surfside bridge to the right.
barditch
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by barditch »

:wink: Don't let 'em give you a ration...if they're biting on Alpo, artificials, or Godiva chocolates, go for it! heck throw the kitchen sink...whatever the fish want is just right!
jgj5533

Post by jgj5533 »

Nothing wrong with that! Nice fish!
Absolut

Post by Absolut »

Don't let the haters bother you...just jealousy. To each their own, and if you want to fish with live bait, Artie's, flies, or something else that's your business and one type of fishing is not better than another. I fish mostly Artie's, but that's more out of conscience than anything. Was out the other day and caught some bait, and was glad I did because I threw all kinds of Artie's at them and they didn't want anything but live bait free lined. Some would say the art of fishing is finding out what the fish want on any given day...
Flippin' Crazee

Post by Flippin' Crazee »

redtrout222 wrote:Nice catch- but croaker fishing in the surf is not really fishing (unless you are trying to win CCA) . Try soft plastics or a topwater next time. Makes it a little more challenging to fill up a stringer
Wow! Really? Was that necessary? People like you ruin sites like this. If you don't have something positive to say, say nothing at all.
Milkjug
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by Milkjug »

I'll hate. No kayaks?! See http://www.texasbankfisherman.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Kidding. Nice thing that they don't allow replies on the 2cool reports or you might be getting it worse from there ;) Although you may already be... Why try to delete it?

Nothing wrong with going after that fish meat!
nhantech

Post by nhantech »

Nice catch!! Thanks for the report. Lol it's doesnt matter what you use, as long as you are having fun and catching that's all it counts. If we were all pros, we wouldn't be on this site TiVo g fishing reports, we would be on t.v. doing it!!! So stop with the hating, it's bad for your health. Thanks again for report