private bass resort to hold tournament

loujasso

private bass resort to hold tournament

Post by loujasso »

whats up guys im new here but excited to announce my resort will be holding its first kayak fishing tournament on our private stocked lake in Cleveland tx.I am the marketing director and have been placed in charge of putting this event together so I need some help/advise on how to go about this the lake is small (50 acres) but full of nice bass lots of 8 pounders and even a 11 pounder this past summer I have heard stories of a 13 pounder from years ago but yet to see the proof. now I have only fished the lake once being that I was just hired a month ago and the weather has not been the best but even in 40 degree weather still managed to pull out over 10 with the largest being between 3-4 pounds. please let me know how we can make this even a success any and all opinions are welcome
Attachments
1525297_10201207985296837_280902391_n.jpg
995286_10201195354105617_2007559499_n.jpg
579046_10200658881449584_985401610_n.jpg
3rd_Coast_Yaker

Re: private bass resort to hold tournament

Post by 3rd_Coast_Yaker »

I know you were lookig cc or some input but I can tell you that you have my attn. :shock:
loujasso

Post by loujasso »

This is a trolling motor only lake so it's primarily kayak and jon boats only we just hired bob lusk from pond boss to manage our lakes we will be doing an electro shock in the next few weeks I'm very excited to see what's in there.. The property is actually a resort that we are trying to draw attention to its not like a time share you can actually own land and there is lots to see and do within the resort we have cabins to stay in pools beachfront on the trinity etc. the tournament is not going to be for profit we are probably going to do a donation entry fee that will go to charity we will also have a few pros doing meet and greets and maybe even a seminar or two we don't want to harm any fish so it will def be a CPR event aim working with fish and tackle unlimited to organize the event and will keep everyone posted as we develop more info . Here is the property web site check it out if you get a chance http://www.preserveoftexas.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thinwater skinner
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by Thinwater skinner »

I would limit the number of fisherman on the lake at one time. ON 50 ackers maybe not more than 20 at a time.. Maybe have a morning flight and then an afternoon flight... If you get that many wanting to fish.. Good Luck
Chief Brody
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by Chief Brody »

looks like a nice spot - it's not obvious from the site that there are cabins to stay in though - just looks like a place to build or take an rv to.
mwrose777
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by mwrose777 »

Chief Brody wrote:looks like a nice spot - it's not obvious from the site that there are cabins to stay in though - just looks like a place to build or take an rv to.
I thought the same. Was looking for my next vacation
fishstyker88

Post by fishstyker88 »

I live in Cleveland and am definitely interested in the tournament lookin forward to more info
uplandrun

Post by uplandrun »

What would be the projected dates? Can u give some info on loging?
jparker

Post by jparker »

I live in splendora 15 minutes away definitly interested in the tournament please keep us posted on details.
loujasso

Post by loujasso »

ok guys so we have nailed down a date of Saturday april 5th we want to let the bass spawn and don't want to pull them off the beds.. I am meeting with several different vendors and sponsors. we have 9 cabins to stay in but they have two sets of full size bunk beds I am meeting with the owner tomorrow to discuss lodging accommodations being that we usually only let owners stay. we are going to do this as a charity tournament to benefit saint judes children's hospital. I will keep everyone posted as things develop further. please email me if you are interested in pre registering for this event @ Louis_jasso@hotmail.com
Brazos Kayak

Post by Brazos Kayak »

I would put it on TFF,Texas fishing forum and also Craigslist and create a Facebook site for this little lake and post pics on the site.
loujasso

Post by loujasso »

ok guys we had to change the date to april 12th due to conflicting schedule with one of our sponsors.. 1st place is going to be a Jackson big rig kayak 2nd place will be a shimano core with a ftu green rod 3rd with be a ftu tackle bag with lures and $100 ftu gift card we are also doing a biggest bass contest and will pay $200 ftu gift card
WoodsWaterSky

Post by WoodsWaterSky »

Lou, this sounds good... I am familiar with the area. Please keep us posted as agenda/details progress.
loujasso

Post by loujasso »

great will do guys.
jweezie2315

Post by jweezie2315 »

Any details on cost to enter, lodging, pre-fishing?

Not a seasoned bass angler but sounds like fun.
txbasswarrior

Post by txbasswarrior »

I'd like to know more, have you opened up registration yet? What's the entry fee going to be?
loujasso

Post by loujasso »

sorry guys but we had to cancel the tournament for a latter date. We have a invasive vegetation issue and it will not be under control in time for the tournament