"Going Coastal" Matagorda Island State Park 6/16-1

Austin Drifter

"Going Coastal" Matagorda Island State Park 6/16-1

Post by Austin Drifter »

I'm headed to MISP on Monday for three days of camping and fishing. I will post when I get back. The fishing is awesome at MISP. With the tital movement those three days, I'm looking to do well. Keep it safe and play hard!
GoinCoastal
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club
Location: Austin & AransasPass/ Wilderness Systems, Columbia Sportswear, & TFO Rods Pro Staff

Post by GoinCoastal »

Where are planning to fish? Pringle? Lighthouse? Fish Pond? Pass Cavallo?They could all be good now. If you're bored in the middle of the day, try the surf in Pass Cavallo, especially when the good tide starts back out!!! I was raised in Victoria and grew fishing ESB. Just curious.........

Have you fished Shoalwater Bay? Its in between Seadrift & POC at Fulgrum's Cut/ Charlie's Boat Ramp & Bait. I have been wanting to try it. I am thinking it must be mostly sand & grass flats that is open to the prevalent winds from the SE. If this is true it should be an awesome spot on a high tide in the summer.

let us know how you do or, better yet, join us at Town Lake next Thurs to tell us all about it.

Good luck "Goin' Coastal"!!!!!!!!!

later,
joe
Austin Drifter

Post by Austin Drifter »

AustinJoe,
I will let you guys know how it goes at MISP. Because of this trip and the promise I made my daughter to watch her ride a horse on Thursday evening, I will not make the TL get together. I know I told you I wanted to attend the next one, it was just short notice. I'm sure I will here the GREAT fish stories from the TL event. Have fun guys.