Galveston Wade Fishing

gtowncastnet

Galveston Wade Fishing

Post by gtowncastnet »

Alright y'all so my house is on jolly roger pirates cove at lake como. The state park (known as Dana cove) is in view from my house. I am just having the hardest time with wade fishing lately and just working hard, putting all the work and time i can into it, but have yet to see some major results....just tiring days of one fish or being skunked is getting really old and overwhelming. any tips on baits, spots, or just ANY help anyone would be nice enough to give is greatly appriciated. seriously, i just need a good day and PLEASE help me out here!! I'm sure y'all know what I'm feeling... thanks so much
Night Wing
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Re: Galveston Wade Fishing

Post by Night Wing »

This time of the year can be tough on wade fishing. The weather temperature wise has been cool, not real warm in my opinion. The water is warming up, but the morning water is still chilly. The better fishing from some of my friends who've been wade fishing the last two weeks have been from noon on....on a rising tide. Some of them are using live shrimp while others are using soft and hard plastic artificial baits. This Thursday is going to be warm and if the tide is rising and the wind isn't blowing too high, should be a great day for fishing whether it be from a yak or wading.
gtowncastnet

Post by gtowncastnet »

Thanks a lot and i sure do know it. Do you by any chance know of any wade spots near where I am? I'm for sure going down there Thursday and wanna wreck
Night Wing
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Night Wing »

At this time of the year, the area around the San Luis Pass, but the water current there is treacherous and if the water is shallow enough, the stingrays are plentiful so you'll have to be careful when wade fishing. Good speck fishing though.