Reds stacked Keith Lake Fish Pass

Piscator
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Reds stacked Keith Lake Fish Pass

Post by Piscator »

Took the skiff out Saturday afternoon. Decided on Keith Lake. Fished the pass first from end of bulkhead to rocks. Good outgoing tide. I had no hits, but saw a few fish caught by two boats on other side of rocks (down current side). I left to hit a few favorite cuts and possible redfish pods. Water was muddy further back and in the ditch. Found clear water coming out of Marsh into ditch. No fish, probably too cold now.

Wind picked so back to pass for another try before leaving. Where there was two boats now where four. As drifted closer they were catching fish. Drifted through the pass in the rocks and went in behind rocks on the other side of channel. For 30 or 40 minutes I watched the original guy catch a redfish on every cast. The other boats where catching some, but not every cast. I saw him catch 10 or so reds and release them. I had no hits and my time was up and started in.

I talked to the guy at the ramp and he said for a one and a half hours he caught a red on every cast. He lost count in the thirties. Between all boats he guessed that caught 200. A large school was in the eddy behind the rocks onthat side of the channel and tight in one little area. It was fun watching them. He was a guide and said if they are stacked in there like that, there be be very few left in the shallower water.

Truck fished the north levee Sunday afternoon. Water was very clear.
Wag

Re: Reds stacked Keith Lake Fish Pass

Post by Wag »

Wow! Thanks for the report!
MulletMaster08

Post by MulletMaster08 »

I havent fished KL in a few months so glad to hear something good from there. The water on NOrth Levy and Sabine Lake is unreal right now. About to weeks ago, before the snow, my brother and I were sight casting redfish on the La shoreline in the main lake, thats how clear that water was.
bing

Post by bing »

i luv to drift in that area and fish the beginning of an out going tide. the area hasnt produced the last few trips unless ur after uglies. any flounders left in sabine?
Piscator
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by Piscator »

I am in Bozeman, MT right now. Ice floating down the rivers here. If not too cold, I hope to fish some after Christmas. So post up with reports or ideas.
MulletMaster08

Post by MulletMaster08 »

I have not heard of any Flounder being caught lately but here in a few weeks they should be moving back in