Howdy!

Electric Water Boy
TKF 7000 Club
TKF 7000 Club
Location: In the woods using billion dollar government satellites to hunt $2 pieces of Tupperware

Howdy!

Post by Electric Water Boy »

I get to be first!!!

OK, now who is going to teach me how to catch a fish out of a kayak when I finally break down and buy one - which I plan to do late March or early April?

I don't know squat about fly fishing, but I tried it the same time I tried a kayak for the first time. That was at Boerne Lake. I'm ready to go back there and practice as it isn't too far from home and you don't have to worry about getting run over by anything.

Looking forward to meeting all of yall..
Tom

Post by Guest »

Tom,

If you like, I'll let you borrow my T120 for a weekend. I keep it in Kerrville.

dumas
shortran

Post by shortran »

Hey guys,
I just got my first kayak and I am in the process of getting it rigged the way I want it for fishing. I hope to have it on the water soon. BTW, where is Boerne Lake? I have heard it mentioned a few times, but, I don't know where it is. It sounds like the place to go to just paddle around and get used to being in a kayak.. I don't know much about freshwater fishing but I'm willing to learn.
Hope to meet all soon.
Randy (shortran)
Mercy
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by Mercy »

I'd like to check out Boerne Lake, too sometime. I'm looking forward to meeting all y'all at Chris's Monday! :)
Electric Water Boy
TKF 7000 Club
TKF 7000 Club
Location: In the woods using billion dollar government satellites to hunt $2 pieces of Tupperware

Boerne Lake

Post by Electric Water Boy »

Boerne Lake is NW of Boerne. I don't remeber if you take the Ranger Creek Road or John's Road exit, but either way you need to get on the west side access road and head north. When you pass the storage place I think you'll see signs.

I caught my first 2 bass on artificials on that lake a zillion years ago. Zebco 33 setup with a medium diver Bomber Model A in crawdad.
Mercy
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by Mercy »

Ah....that's what I did wrong...I think I headed south on the access road.
Blindcasting
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by Blindcasting »

Hey water boy I post on the saltwater board for people to join me just about everytime I go out. Keep an eye out and go with me sometime. I'm not exactly an old salt but I've turned on more than a few people to saltwater fishing and kayaking.

Probably start going just about every week around late April when the topwater bite gets into full swing and the water gets a little warmer.