Attnedance Poll for TKFSA Picnic May2nd

Head count for the TKFSA May 2nd Picnic at Medina Lake?

Headcount of folks who can help with logistics...
40%
Who knows the park inside and out?
20%
Dammit Jim, I'm a Doctor; not a horseshoe guy! Who has Horseshoes???
40%

Total votes: 5

Joe Guilbeau
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Attnedance Poll for TKFSA Picnic May2nd

Post by Joe Guilbeau »

Here is a poll to check the attendance for the TKFSA Picnic May 2nd at Medina Lake.

We need a head count to see where will be the best location within the Park to hold the picnic.

I have never been there, we have a total of 30 members of the TKFSA Chapter, and with family members and guests we may have upwards of 30-50 people throughout the day.

Check the picnic post that Queyak started, and post any ideas or suggestions there.

I really do not want to start another thread, so reply to the picnic post, and we can just use this message as an attendance record, that way we do not have to check two or three places for updated news, eh?

Make sense?
Electric Water Boy
TKF 7000 Club
TKF 7000 Club
Location: In the woods using billion dollar government satellites to hunt $2 pieces of Tupperware

Post by Electric Water Boy »

I'm not a doctor, but I do have horseshoes. I'll bring them. I'll leave the horse at home.
kayak angler

Post by kayak angler »

Joe, I posted under the picnic thread about park facilities. I think the best spot will be under the oaks for shade. But, along the shoreline is fine if someone has some portable shelter. That will allow easy kayak launching. I know most of the rangers and will find out about reserving a site and the possibility of a group discount for park entrance. Looking forward to meeting you all.

Do you think posting a thread on the Freshwater and Saltwwater boards would attract members who have not yet joined the TKFSA chapter?
Joe Guilbeau
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Joe Guilbeau »

kayak angler wrote:Joe, I posted under the picnic thread about park facilities. I think the best spot will be under the oaks for shade. But, along the shoreline is fine if someone has some portable shelter. That will allow easy kayak launching. I know most of the rangers and will find out about reserving a site and the possibility of a group discount for park entrance. Looking forward to meeting you all.

Do you think posting a thread on the Freshwater and Saltwwater boards would attract members who have not yet joined the TKFSA chapter?

What would REALLY be cool is to have some outdoor grass carpet for launching the yaks and one of those spring open canopies to put it under.

This makes a great staging area to put-in and take-out, but we will need to have this near some trees for shade, some picnic tables etc...

Go forth and secure the site, I say!!!
Mrs Backlasher
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Mrs Backlasher »

Backlasher and I won't be able to attend this picnic due to the conflict in schedule with the Rockport Tournament that same weekend.

BUT, maybe some SA folks can come to Galveston for our TKF gathering on Saturday, April 24, that is being hosted by GGB Chapter. Look for details on the "Calendar" above. (Or on a post in the Saltwater forum.)
CMALIBU1

Post by CMALIBU1 »

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :
let's get it going guys need more yaks to sign up......... :lol: